C & J Clark International Limited of 40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0EQ (company number 00141015) (Clarks) is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy (together with the website terms and conditions of use) sets out how Clarks will use any personal data Clarks collects from you, or that you provide to Clarks, or that is provided to Clarks by other companies about you. By visiting this website you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy. Clarks is headquartered in the United Kingdon, where the Data Protection Act 1998 and other laws and regulations govern the processing of personal data. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 Clarks will be the data controller for any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that is provided to us about you is C & J Clark International Limited.
Types of personal data Clarks may collect about you
- Information you choose to give us: You may give Clarks personal data by filling in forms on this website or by corresponding with Clarks by telephone, e-mail, or otherwise. You will know what personal data you are providing to Clarks when you elect to submit a form on this website containing that personal data or correspond with Clarks. Typically Clarks collects the following types of information in these ways: name; address; date of birth; email address; telephone number.
- Information you give to other websites Clarks operates: Clarks may receive your personal data if you use any of the other websites Clarks operates. In this case Clarks will have informed you when collecting your personal data on that other website that it may be shared internally at Clarks.
- Information Clarks automatically collects: When you visit this website Clarks may automatically collect certain data through technology used on the website. This may include the following types of information: IP address; user device; device operating system; software set-up; and browser. If you do not submit other information to Clarks this type of information may not identify you as an individual.
- Information Clarks collects from third parties: Clarks works closely with third parties such as business partners, companies who deliver components used in this website, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers. These companies may provide information to Clarks about you. In this case those third parties will have informed you when collecting your personal data on that they may provide it to third parties such as Clarks and collected your consent to doing so.
Clarks may collect and process the following data:
How Clarks may use and disclose your personal data
- ensuring that this website is presented in the most effective manner for you on the device you use;
- providing you with information that you have requested (for example, if you have signed up to receive marketing emails);
- providing you with goods or services that you have ordered;
- dealing with your enquires about goods or services that you have ordered;
- notifying you about changes to Clarks’ goods or services;
- combining it with information received from your visits to other Clarks websites and your engagement with third parties;
- anonymising and aggregating it with information about other website users for statistical, analytical, and technical purposes;
- disclosing it to third parties where it is necessary to do so to perform any contract we have with you (for example, providing your name and address to a delivery company)
- disclosing it to third parties where it is necessary to do so for the effective operation of the website;
- disclosing it to third parties Clarks engages to provide analytical or statistical information about website use or user profile information;
- disclosing it to any company to which we sell the Clarks business or assets (or any part of them);
- disclosing it to law enforcement and/or regulatory bodies where: (i) lawfully requested to do so; or (ii) reasonable to do so to enforce or apply Clarks’ website terms and conditions of use, or any other agreement with you; or (iii) reasonable to do so to protect the rights, property, or safety of Clarks’ directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, licensors, manufacturers, customers, and/or suppliers;
You agree Clarks may use your personal data in the following ways:
Where Clarks stores your personal data
Risks of internet transmission of data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Clarks does its best to protect your personal data, Clarks cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to this website, and any such transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask Clarks not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of Clarks marketing emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Clarks at 40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0EQ or emailing Clarks at email@example.com.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access personal data that Clarks holds about you, subject to certain conditions. You can access your right of access at any time by contacting Clarks at 40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0EQ or emailing Clarks at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.